I am rushing around getting ready to leave town to visit family, but I had to post this awesome DIY recipe for you. I know if we’ve been having cold and dry weather here on the (normally rainy) Washington Coast, that you all must be dry as a bone too!
Our lips have needed extra moisture and even our skin. This powerful DIY recipe has lots of good stuff in it and nothing you wouldn’t want. A good friend of mine shared a similar recipe with me and I tweaked it. Don’t you love that about making your own recipes? You can tweak and see what works best for you. I have been applying this daily to my lips, my son’s lips, and sharing with friends.
It also is fabulous for your dog’s paws. I’ve been putting it on our dog Molly every evening. She has a tendency to chew her paws and they get so sensitive due to the cold and ice, so this has been very helpful for her.
This makes a nice batch to keep on hand and you could even make some for gifts. I made a double batch, which gave me 50 small lip containers and a larger batch for lotion.
- You can use this label here. I printed them on Avery 8160 and trimmed them.
- Avocado Oil (I use this)
- Coconut Oil (I use this)
- Beeswax Pellets (I use this)
- Shea Butter (I use this)
- Vitamin E (I use this)
- Frankincense Essential Oil (I use this) and Myrrh Essential Oil (I use this)
- BPA-Free Plastic Containers (I use these for the lip balm and glass containers or these for lotion)
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Beeswax Pellets
- 1/4 cup Shea Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Vitamin E
- 25 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 25 drops Myrrh Essential Oil
- BPA-free plastic containers
- Put avocado oil, coconut oil, beeswax pellets and shea butter in a glass bowl, and place that bowl in a sauce pan with water.
- Heat stove to medium low and mix ingredients together til melted.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about an hour until solid.
- Take a knife and begin breaking up the mixture and getting it to a creamy consistency, and appears fluffy. Add the essential oils and vitamin E and mix well.
- Fill your containers and store