Chaos seems inevitable. Chaos is not a positive condition. It is a negative one and can have an impact on our mental and physical well-being.
I have learned over the last year how much I have to be in-tune with my body and how I can help myself from allowing my emotions to overtake my body, which leads to increased emotional unbalance and hopelessness for me. I’ve shared how I have been able to support my emotions and approach life with more zest than ever before using 100% pure essential oils from Young Living, prayer, and watching my diet.
If we adults experience stress, don’t you think our children do as well? They just don’t know what to “call it”.
As I began my journey using essential oils in my home, I have opened my eyes to the huge benefit of using oils as a supportive measure to help everyone’s emotional state. Rather than always waiting until things are ready to blow, I can have a plan of action to prevent things from escalating.
Our four year old has some issues regulating his emotions and acting out in random behavior, which I believe stem from inherited issues as well as from being in foster care, but these are unique struggles he will need to learn to address as he matures. One thing I have noticed is when I diffuse a particular oil in our home, he generally calms down and is much easier to communicate with. The oil is the same one that I find relief in when I am feeling overloaded and in a chaotic state – Peace & Calming.
What Is in Peace & Calming Essential Oil Blend?
Peace & Calming is a gentle, fragrant blend of five different oils. It is very supportive at the end of the day to promote relaxation and peace and also to promote rest.
- Tangerine Essential Oil (Citrus nobilis) is a calming essential oil with a sweet, tangy aroma, similar to Orange. It helps with occasional nervous irritability. An excellent oil to help uplift the spirit and bring about a sense of security, Tangerine is also rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene.
- Orange Essential Oil (Citrus sinensis) has a rich, fruity scent that lifts the spirit while providing a calming influence on the body. Orange brings peace and happiness to the mind. It is rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene and aids in maintaining normal cellular regeneration.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (Cananga odorata) has a sweet, soft, flowery fragrance that has made it a romantic favorite. Ylang ylang is extremely effective in calming and bringing about a sense of relaxation, and it may help with releasing feelings of anger, tension, and nervous irritability.
- Patchouli Essential Oil (Pogostemon cablin), sometimes called “the scent of the sixties,” has a musky, earthy, exotic aroma. In Eastern cultures, it is commonly used around the house to provide general support for health and to help release negative emotions.
- Blue Tansy Essential Oil (Tanacetum annuum) supports the nervous system by relaxing and easing stress and irritation.
How To Use Peace & Calming Essential Oil:
When diffused, it helps calm tension and uplifts the spirit, promoting relaxation and a deep sense of peace. Diffusing before bed can be very useful for little ones in order to lower their energy level and prepare them for bed. Anyone else know what I am talking about? Peace & Calming may be especially calming and comforting to young children after an overactive and full day. We have had several of those days in the past few weeks from busy days during the holidays!
We run our diffuser almost constantly at home. We actually have several diffusers. We have this one, two of these and two Young Living Home diffusers that come in the Premium Starter Kit too! Diffusing is a popular way to share the oils with even those that aren’t interested in putting them on their body. It is like a sneaky way to get them in!
When massaged on the bottoms of the feet, it can be a wonderful prelude to a peaceful night’s rest, or settle one down after a tantrum or outburst. We have a period of time where I was always rubbing Peace & Calming on my little guy, and me for that matter too! It was helpful to bring us all down to be able to express ourselves on a more “adult” level.
Massage Peace & Calming on the reflect points of the feet and back of the neck for a soothing effect. This is by far one of my favorite ways to use it! You can also apply it to the bottom of the feet, wrists, and outside of ears.
As part of the morning ritual before my little guy leaves for preschool, we put some Peace & Calming on his wrists and he rubs them together. He loves the smell and I can often see him smelling his wrists while on the drive to school.
Rub Peace & Calming essential oil blend behind overactive pets’ ears to calm them down.
Peace & Calming also makes a great addition to a bath. Just pour a few drops into a handful of Epsom salts and add to your bath water or your kiddo’s bath water!
I know that using Peace & Calming essential oil in our home has helped everyone handle their emotions just a bit better. I began applying Peace & Calming on my son’s wrists before he goes to school this week and today my son’s teacher mentioned to me she could tell a difference in his behavior and performance. She wasn’t sure why the change and thought perhaps is was just due to coming back from vacation. When she learned I had been applying different oils we were both very encouraged!
We are now going to experiment with diffusing Peace & Calming in her classroom all next week and see if she can tell a difference in her students and their performance and cooperation. I am excited to share the results!
UPDATE: Well, I am excited to say that my son’s preschool teacher really missed NOT having the diffuser in her classroom and has ordered her own Premium Starter Kit to continue!
To learn more about the amazing world of Young Living essential oils, click here.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am just a mom sharing my experience in order to help others, not a doctor.