I’ve shared with you a bit about being able to be completely natural with managing my emotional health. I am so thankful and grateful. So many have wondered about my routine. I have an updated post here that gives very specific information on the oils I use daily and how I use them.
You’ve heard that aromatherapy can “uplift the mood”. I didn’t give it much thought until I began using Young Living Essential Oils for other uses and saw how effective they were for treating other symptoms. I’ve felt two have played a role in my success to naturally push forward – Joy™ and Harmony™. Today I will share about Joy™.
Joy™ is a luxuriously exotic blend with uplifting overtones that create magnetic energy and bring joy to the heart. Honestly, when I first opened the bottle and smelled it, I was like, “UGH!” I did not like the scent really at all. I knew there was a strong Geranium scent, which I had read was great for emotional support, but it was very powerful. Little did I know that often times the smells from essential oils that are most “offending” to you are the actual oils/smell that your body is craving!
I began dabbing a few drops over my heart, on my wrists, and behind my ears several times a day. I also began using it in my diffuser – which really helped create a refreshing and uplifting environment! It really seems to make a difference for my family – a little attitude adjustment, but they just didn’t realize it.
What I really enjoy about the blends that Young Living puts together are the combinations you can get, but you don’t have to buy all the individual oils to create your own blends. It is all done for you. You can grab these great little ball rollers, officially called AromaGlide Roller Fitments, to replace any of the bottle toppers to create a ready-made roll-on applicator. I need to grab me another bottle of Joy in April so I can create my roll-on. I’ve done so with Lavender and it makes it so easy to use and dab on.
Essential Oils in the Joy Blend:
Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) – Uplifting and relaxing. It is good for building confidence and enhancing your mood.
Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata) – May increase relaxation. Balances male and female energies. It also restores confidence and equilibrium.
Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) – Its aroma lifts the spirit and releases negative emotions.
Rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora) – It is emotionally stabilizing and uplifting.
Lemon (Citrus limon) – Has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting. Lemon consists of 68% dlimonene, a powerful antioxidant. In his book, The Practice of Aromatherapy, Valnet wrote that Lemon is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system.
Mandarin (Citrus reticulata) – It is emotionally uplifting.
Jasmine (Jasminum officinale) – It is emotionally uplifting and supports the body’s natural emotional state.
Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) – It is calming and relaxing. It aids in maintaining emotional health.
Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii) – It can help reduce nervous tension and that uneasy feeling that occasionally arises.
Rose (Rosa damascena) – It is stimulating to the mind and creates a sense of well being.
How to Add “Joy” to Your Everyday Life:
- Put 2-3 drops of your favorite Young Living oil on a cotton ball placed inside the vacuum canister of your vacuum cleaner.
- Put 1-2 drops of Joy on a tissue and inhale.
- Use 3-4 drops in your bath water to boost your mood.
- Place 2 drops on a cloth that you put in the dryer for great smelling clothes.
- Uplifting deodorant: Mix in a small jar 2 oz. Cornstarch, 1 oz. Baking soda, and a few drops Joy essential oil
- Add 10 to 12 drops of your favorite Young Living essential oil to 2 oz. of massage oil base (like grapeseed oil) for a quick massage.
- Put a few drops in plain lotion.
- Use a drop “neatly” to help reduce irritability.
- Diffuse Joy in the home to lift everyone’s spirits. This is one of my favorites!
- Use Joy on notecards and letters to make a lovely scented stationary.
- Place a few drops of Joy in your car placed in a cotton ball.
- Use Joy to boost libido.
- Sprinkle a few drops in potpourri to improve the fragrance.
- Inhale or dilute and massage into muscles for increased energy.
- Rub a drop of Joy oil over the heart and on the bottom of each foot to uplift emotions.
I am ever so grateful to have discovered the benefits of using Joy and look forward to sharing with you more on the oils I am incorporating in our home.
If you would like to grab a bottle of Joy for yourself either as a customer or receive oils at a discount, you can find more information here on how you can do that. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here and I will try to answer to the best of my ability.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am just a mom sharing my experience in order to help others!