Welcome to the 30 Days of Summer – Go-To Guide for Moms!
Day Twenty Four
Summer is fresh fruits and vegetables – plain and simple. Even if you do not grow your own you can enjoy incredibly fresh produce when you visit your local farmer’s market. Not sure where to find one near your home, you can go to the USDA directory and find one or this Farmer’s Market directory.
In my neck of the woods, we have a farmer’s market going on nearby almost every day of the week, which makes planning a family outing and an activity of preparing a fun dinner really easy. Last year I had fun purchasing fresh Kale, lettuce, green beans and berries, it is so fun.
Emeals just shared this yummy looking Summer Farmers’ Market Salad – this would be a perfect recipe to fix up for your family after a trip to your local farmer’s market.
- 5 oz fresh spring mix salad greens
- ½ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1½ tablespoons fig balsamic vinegar*
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Combine spring mix, strawberries and red onion in a large bowl.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil around the outer edge of the bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss gently to coat.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 plates.
- Top each serving evenly with goat cheese, and drizzle with honey. Makes 4 servings.
Then you can also cook up this yummy Slow Cooker Strawberry Cobbler from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventure. We’ve got fresh strawberries from our own garden so I am gonna try this one this week – she has a gluten free version too!
What is your favorite fresh farmer’s market purchase?
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase we receive a portion of your purchase at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Confident Mom.