Are you ready for winter? I always like to be prepared for anything; all the stuff that comes with season changes, I am on it!
This weekend my daughter and my four-year-old made up an easy homemade chest soother—specifically to refresh us during the winter months—with an amazing blend of Young Living Raven Essential Oil and Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil.
Why this blend?
Raven Essential Oil
This blend helps support a healthy wellness routine. You’ll find these singles in the blend:
- Ravintsara: Has a spicy, camphorous, warm scent, similar to eucalyptus but softer.
- Lemon: Has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting. Lemon consists of 68 percent d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant.
- Wintergreen: Contains the same active ingredient (methyl salicylate) as birch and is beneficial in massage for soothing head tension and muscles after exercising.
- Peppermint: Has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma.
- Eucalyptus Radiata: Is cooling, refreshing, and energizing.
Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
This single oil has the potential to be very effective in supporting a wellness lifestyle.
We decided to combine these two oils for this “soother” that would already be in an easy-to-use diluted form so we could easily apply when needed. I wanted additional Eucalyptus, so added an additional 10 drops.
DIY All-Natural Chest Soother Recipe
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (we use this)
- 40 drops of Young Living’s Raven Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Young Living’s Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
Directions: Melt the coconut oil and add in the essential oil. Mix and then pour into a glass jar that can be sealed. Makes 1/2 cup.
This was super easy to make and was fun for my four-year-old to help out with. Now he is much more prone to take an active approach to help apply it to his chest—you know how finicky those toddlers can be sometimes!
You could also add some Rosemary or Thyme, other oils that help with supporting wellness too. Make sure everyone washes their hands with soap after applying to avoid any accidental touching of eyes or other sensitive areas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am just a mom sharing my experience in order to help others, not a doctor.