Let’s face it – the bathroom is just not a pleasant area. You’ve got odor in there! There is a lot of messy stuff that goes on there (not a place you want to necessarily hang out longer than you need to).
Now add in three boys and one wonderful hubby, and you have more issues to deal with (if you know what I mean). :-)
So when my daughter stumbled upon some homemade poo-poo spray recipes, I was all in for checking them out to see if they actually helped the issue at hand. And you know what? They did!
They are simple to make, easy to use, and effective. What more could a mom of boys ask for?
How to Make Your Own Poo-Poo Bathroom Spray
- Grab a clean 4 oz spray bottle. I used glass because I am using citrus essential oils.
- Combine 45 drops of essential oils (I used 15 drops Lemongrass, 15 drops Bergamot, and 15 drops Lemon), 1 teaspoon of rubbing alcohol, and 1 teaspoon of glycerine in the spray bottle first.
- Shake to mix thoroughly.
- Next, add water to the spray bottle, enough to almost reach the rim.
- Shake extremely well – you want to be sure all the ingredients are mixed well.
Some other fabulous essential oil combinations are:
Note: Some of these essential oils are actually labeled as dietary oils, but they have a lovely aroma – which is why they work so well in this DIY recipe.
How to Use Your Poo-Poo Bathroom Spray
You are probably most familiar with the sprays you use AFTER you, ahem, go number two. Those are filled with unnecessary chemicals – YUCK. This spray is actually sprayed in the toilet BEFORE you go!
- Shake well.
- Spray 3-5 times into the toilet bowl water.
- Take a seat and continue on.
You will want to educate your family. If you place it in a bathroom that guests may use, you could even make a little sign with instructions and place it in a cute frame.
If you are ready to dive into essential oils, you can find out more right here! I love sharing my journey with Young Living Essential Oils and the difference we’ve had in our family on our wellness path. If you have not given essential oils a second glance, now is the time! They can certainly do more for you than just make an effective Poo-Poo Spray!
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.